Who we are
Sema is using cutting-edge machine learning science to reduce technical debt and transform software maintenance.
Software maintenance can eat up 50-60% of a company’s technology budget, exasperating end users, engineers, CTOs and CEOs alike. We are fixing this problem.
We’re serving the Fortune 500 and other great software companies. We’re backed by the best investors. And our clients dream about us.
Our team includes some of the best software and machine learning researchers and technologists on the planet. We’re looking for an exceptional Java Back-end Engineer to join our team.
Please note: This position is remote and contract based. Working hours are from 10:30 to 19:30pm, Sofia time. Whether you work from home or a popular co-working space is your choice. You need to have your own laptop and a solid internet connection.
Who you are
- Exceptionally curious and continuously learning
- Excited about the challenge of building something transformational from the ground up
- A “hands on the keyboard” Java developer
- Experience developing web-services, APIs and other back-end code is a must
- Experience with Relational databases is a must
- Fluency in Java is a must.
- Fluency in Data Structures and usage patterns is a must.
- Fluency in Node.js and Feathers.js/Express.js is a plus.
- Knowledge in Object-oriented languages (such as C#, C++, Python, etc.) is a plus
- Familiarity with legacy languages is a plus
- Experience with Cloud development and deployment, preferably Amazon Web Services is a plus, but not required.
- Experience in all phases of software development life cycle, including
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI / CD)
- Automated Testing
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision
- Proficient verbal and written English communication
What you’ll do
- Hands-on development of the company’s product(s), especially the back-end services
- Architect for the company’s product and subject matter expert on the effective use of technology
- Focal point for architecture governance and technical standards
- Ensure the quality of the company’s product meet the established standards
- Work with other software engineers and architects to ensure quality is designed and built in the system
- Actively grow your knowledge in pertinent technology, processes and tools
- We use Java, Postgress SQL, Node.js, Feathers.js, Angular 7+, Python, AWS, Git
We offer competitive compensation including stock options, and the rare opportunity to contribute significantly to the growth of a new company from the very beginning. We will consider and adjust the level of responsibility and compensation for exceptional candidates with different levels of seniority and experience.