Who we are
Sema is using cutting-edge machine learning science to reduce technical debt and transform software maintenance.
Software maintenance can eat up 50-60% of a company’s technology budget, infuriating end users, engineers, CTOs and CEOs alike. We are fixing this problem. We’re backed by the top global VCs.
Our team includes some of the best software and machine learning researchers and technologists on the planet. We’re looking for an exceptional Software Engineer to join our team.
- This position will begin remotely, eventually migrating to one of our hubs, in Southeast Michigan, Baltimore, Austin or other.
- Also note that no sponsorship is available. Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder.
Who you are
- Exceptionally curious and continuously learning
- Excited about the challenge of building something transformational from the ground up
- Experience developing web-services, APIs and other backend code
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Cloud development and deployment, preferably Amazon Web Services
- Senior-level fluency in two or more of the following:
- Object-oriented languages (such as Java, C#, C++, Python, etc.)
- Familiarity with legacy languages a plus
- Experience in all phases of software development life cycle, including
- Agile Scrum
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI / CD)
- Automated Testing
What you’ll do
- Hands-on development of the company’s product(s), especially the back-end services
- Architect for the company’s product and subject matter expert on the effective use of technology
- Focal point for architecture governance and technical standards
- Ensure the quality of the company’s product meet the established standards
- Work with other software engineers and architects to ensure quality is designed and built in the system
- Actively grow your knowledge in pertinent technology, processes and tools
We offer competitive compensation including stock options, and the rare opportunity to contribute significantly to the growth of a new company from the very beginning.
We will consider and adjust the level of responsibility and compensation for exceptional candidates with different levels of seniority and experience.