Technical Business Analyst who will be able to provide data analysis, technical acuity and customer services for our professional services organization.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Sema is looking for a Business Analyst with technical abilities to join the Professional Services organization. You will be using business applications such as Excel to perform data analysis and provide technical insights and reports to Sema’s customers. You will learn the Sema infrastructure and run scripts, trouble-shoot output and use data to visualize data for customers.
The ideal candidate understands development practices and the business impact software development has on an organization. This individual loves to dig into data, needs to be highly resourceful and intellectually curious with solid technical skills/analytical abilities. The Technical Business Analyst must go beyond just running the numbers and be able to translate relevant information into actionable insights. This individual must strive to be well-rounded and good at many things from technical to business to operations to communication skills.
Minimum Qualifications (Must Have)
- 1 year of work experience in development, product management, professional services, customer/client success, data science or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, data science or engineering related field.
- Expertise in business applications such as Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Experience in customer facing role working directly with technical customer contacts
- Presenting both in person and over web-based tools
- Leading and facilitating technical discussions with customers
- Providing customer-facing written documentation and information
- Fundamental understanding of object-oriented programming languages and concepts
- Project Management abilities and ability to organize and prioritize multiple concurrent workstreams and projects
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrate outstanding personal initiative and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- 2 years of work experience in a technical role at a SAAS organization
- Experience with one or more version control systems such as GitHub, Bitbucket, TFS, etc.
- Experience with Git version control a plus
- Familiarity with development processes and problems as either a developer, integrator or level 3 support in a technical environment
- Experience programming in one or more Object-oriented programming languages (such as Java, C#, C++, Python, etc.)
- Scripting Experience
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with one or more legacy languages (such as Perl, Fortran, Pascal, Cobol, etc.)
- Familiarity software development life cycle
- Friendly, diverse and lively
- Work with a multidisciplinary team including software developers and architects, product managers, PhD level computer science researchers and professional services analysis.
- A team commitment to diversity and inclusion as we build a culture of excellence
- This position can be located in San Diego CA, Detroit MI, Baltimore MD, Austin TX, Dublin, Ireland, or Halifax NS Canada, with the ability to occasionally work remote